Craneware Customer Hospital Case Studies
Craneware has helped nearly one-quarter of all U.S. hospitals improve revenue integrity. Below you can download a few Case Study examples of hospitals, from the largest national health systems to the smallest critical access facilities, that have solved difficult problems by partnering with Craneware. If you would like more information about how we might solve your organization’s problems, or if you would like to speak with one of Craneware’s customers, please contact us.
- Southampton Hospital — over two years, a 5% and then 9% increase in cash collected and $9 million in additional net revenue.
- Golden Valley Memorial Center — increased net revenue by approximately $500,000 as a result of contractual adjustments on commercial insurance dropping nearly three percentage points from almost 28 percent to under 25 percent.
- Firelands Regional Medical Center — identified net revenue of $2 million ($6 million gross) in uncaptured charges over an 18-month period with a focus on pharmacy and oncology.
- St. Joseph’s/Candler — both hospitals were able to address coding issues and incorrect multipliers on pharmacy charges.
- Jupiter Medical Center — increased the validity of 12,649 CDM line items from 36% to 99.89% and identified and fixed potential compliance issues.
- Ohio Health — identified 152 charge items missing HCPCS codes valued at previous YTD spend of $893,292.
- Lake Regional Health System — kept RAC audits in check, minimized risk, and retained more earned income by overturning denials with the help of InSight Audit®.
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare — eliminated transaction hand-keying, reduced printing by more than 10,000 pages per month and streamlined internal processes to minimize compliance risk and optimize reimbursements with InSight Audit.
- Billings Clinic — improved pharmacy charge capture and pricing transparency by implementing Pharmacy ChargeLink®.
- Midland Memorial Hospital — realized a net patient revenue increase of $15.7 million during the first year of implementing new technology, training and best-practice business processes.
- St. Joseph Healthcare — identified $153,000 in additional net revenue on the first day Bill Analyzer was used, from a single CPT® code. Clinical staff were empowered to improve charge capture performance and reimbursement levels increased.
- Adams County Medical Center — a 25-bed critical access hospital, Adams County reversed over five years of revenue loss.
- Ellenville Regional Hospital — a 25-bed critical access hospital, Ellenville increased gross revenues in the ED by 20 percent and reduced rejected and denied claims by a combined 80 percent.
- Madison Memorial Hospital — a 69-bed non-profit community hospital, Madison Memorial realized a signifigant return-on-investment during their first year of working with Craneware to improve chargemaster management and charge capture.
- Glens Falls Hospital — achieved optimal compliance, operational efficiency and a net revenue gain of $300,000 in the first year of implementing new technology, training and best-practice business processes.
- University Medical Center Health System — doubled their total gross and net revenue in their first year and has been able to maintain revenue at that elevated level since with Chargemaster Toolkit and Bill Analyzer.