Executive Order on Pricing Transparency
In June of 2019, President Trump issued an Executive Order on healthcare pricing transparency. The HHS has been directed to create regulations that will require hospitals to disclose prices in a patient-friendly format and estimate out-of-pocket costs.
Within 60 days, HHS has been ordered to propose new rules that would require hospitals to post standard charge information based on negotiated rates. Hospitals may, for the first time, be required to disclose the proprietary rates they’ve negotiated with insurers – a significant shift for the industry.
In this complimentary webinar, we’ll share analysis on how these new pricing transparency mandates would affect hospitals and provide recommendations and proactive steps hospital teams can start taking to minimize risk and ensure their pricing is compliant, transparent, and rational with negotiated reimbursement rates.
- Summarize the Executive Order as well as its consequences and “what-if” scenarios
- Cover methods for proactively addressing price transparency and defensibility at your hospital
- Share recommendations on future-proofing your pricing, contracted reimbursement, and outline how Craneware can help
- Leadership involved with the CDM, Revenue Cycle, Revenue Integrity or Finance
- Brian Workinger, VP of Payor and Pricing Analytics, Craneware
You might also like...
Revenue Codes are probably the least understood coding set used for facility claims. Silos of knowledge about revenue codes are common in hospitals: Learn more: Billing knows claim edits for revenue codes Managed Care Contracting knows payer terms...read more
Join Craneware Revenue Integrity Executive Lisa Tonkinson on this complimentary educational webinar covering common revenue integrity gaps that frequently develop between the teams and systems managing the hospital’s CDM, Item Master and...read more
Correctly generating charges is one of the most important aspects of a hospital’s financial health, and today’s reality of complex clinical to charge system linkages in modern EHR platforms means that the integrity of your hospital’s charges is no...read more