Preventing Medical Necessity and Prior Authorization Denials
Develop a better understanding of how to manage the ever-changing payor requirements for outpatient Medical Necessity and Prior Authorization. Revenue Cycle expert Becky Kinsella will discuss the importance of communication and physician education in the development of Medical Necessity and Prior Authorization protocols, and share medical necessity best practices.
This webcast is being produced with the IL AAHAM and HFMA of Greater St. Louis, but registration is open to all. After this webinar you will be able to:
Healthcare provider participants from the financial, clinical, and operational areas who want to understand better how to utilize the CDM in achieving best outcomes.
- Identify opportunities to reduce outpatient Medical Necessity and Prior Authorization denials
- Better understand the importance of utilizing Medical Necessity tools to ensure revenue integrity
- Learn how to develop and implement a best practice approach to Medical Necessity
- Understand the importance of accurate diagnosis coding and documentation
- Develop an understanding of the differences between Medical Necessity, Prior Authorization and Clinical Criteria requirements
- Learn how these requirements interact with Compliance