JW Modifier Requirements: Overview and Recommendations
In 2017, CMS implemented new reporting requirements for drug wastage and usage of the JW modifier. In addition to government regulatory changes such as the JW modifier requirements, drugs costs are rapidly increasing and new drugs are frequently coming to market. Hospital pharmacy informatics teams can mitigate compliance risk with monthly pharmacy data audits. However, efficiently auditing pharmacy data for potential issues can be a challenge due to disparate data sets (the formulary, chargemaster, and purchase history).
Join Craneware experts Kathy Schwartz and Craig Taylor on this complimentary educational webinar on how pharmacy and revenue integrity teams can both ensure compliance with the JW Modifier requirements, and partner to help ensure all claims and billing information are correct and compliant. To be covered on the webinar:
- An overview of the JW modifier requirements implemented on January 1st, 2017
- Recommendations and best practices for meeting the JW modifier requirements
- Strategies for discovering potential issues with dosage billing units (if you are using 1mg but billing for 100mg)
- Closing the loop between pharmacy spend, billing, and reimbursement
- Why working with your chargemaster team is essential to ensuring correct coding and billing for pharmaceuticals
- Revenue cycle (CDM, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Integrity)
- Pharmacy Directors and Pharmacy Informaticists
You might also like...
In 2018, CMS reduced payment for some outpatient drugs used in OPPS settings, cutting reimbursement at many 340B participating hospitals by nearly 30%. Some organizations are excluded from the payment cut, but all hospitals participating in the...read more
How can pharmacy and financial teams improve pharmacy reimbursement by fixing common data gaps between the purchase history, the pharmacy formulary and the chargemaster? This webinar will cover: Pharmacy revenue cycle and revenue integrity...read more
Develop a better understanding of how to manage the ever-changing payor requirements for outpatient Medical Necessity and Prior Authorization. Revenue Cycle expert Becky Kinsella will discuss the importance of communication and physician education...read more