Value Cycle Excellence: Drug Pricing Standardization for Hospitals and Health Systems
With pharmaceuticals playing an increasingly important role in the revenue cycle, leadership at independent hospitals and health systems are looking for ways to ensure both pharmacy and finance staff are able to work together to achieve standardized, defensible, and transparent pricing for drugs. Join us for an educational presentation on best practices for drug pricing markup policy standardization. Brian will cover both standalone hospitals and multi-hospital health systems, how to accomplish standardization before, during or after a major EHR upgrade or implementation to the formulary system, and how to ensure drug pricing is competitive and defensible while remaining net neutral. This presentation will explore different approaches to corporate drug pricing standardization in health systems, as well as key factors to consider and common problems encountered when managing drug pricing across multiple formularies and hospitals.
- Understand drug pricing markup strategies and standardization methods
- Improve drug pricing policy adherence
- Identify potential areas for simplification, standardization, or automation between your pharmacy and finance teams
- Vickie McElarney, RN, MBA, FACHE, COC, Consultant
- Dapo Akanbi, Net Patient Revenue Implementation Manager