Rapid Fire Q & A
Items in green indicate the newest information available.
- Has CMS published the payment rates for the new COVID-19 antibody laboratory CPT codes 86769 and 86328? Are these codes retroactive for Medicare? 20 May 2020
- If we make a patient’s home a temporary expansion site of our provider-based department (PBD), are we required to only append modifiers PO or PN to items and services that are reimbursed under the Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) or do these modifiers need to be appended to all claim line items? 18 May 2020
- Will CMS cover COVID-19 antibody lab tests when performed as part of pre-admission testing/screening for surgical patients? 15 May 2020
- Are the new high-throughput diagnostic laboratory HCPCS codes U0003 and U0004 retroactively effective back to March 18, 2020 or April 14, 2020? 14 May 2020
- We heard CMS just approved a new code for hospitals to report COVID-19 laboratory specimen collections. What is the new code, to what date is the code retroactively effective and what is the reimbursement rate? 1 May 2020
- Are we required to publicly post our cash prices for the COVID-19 diagnostic laboratory tests that we offer? 24 April 2020
- What services do we append the “CS” modifier to for Medicare beneficiaries? 22 April 2020 *updated 14 May 2020
- CMS stated it will now reimburse providers $100 for COVID-19 lab tests that utilized “high throughput technologies”, what are some examples of this lab technology and how do we report these kinds of tests on claims? 17 April 2020
- Is there a special payment rate for COVID-19 Medicare inpatients? 16 April 2020
- I heard there are new CPT codes to report COVID-19 antibody testing, what are the new codes and how are they used? 15 April 2020
- I heard we can now provide physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services through telehealth, is that correct? Are there any restrictions on who can bill Medicare for these services? 7 April 2020
- Can hospitals bill for telehealth services provided by our employed clinicians on the hospital’s UB04 claim form? 6 April 2020 *updated 14 May 2020
- Are the new COVID-19 lab specimen collection HCPCS codes G2023 and G2024 chargeable by all provider types? Can our hospital bill for these codes? 3 April 2020
CPT Codes © 2020 American Medical Association, use of this site denotes acceptance of below terms and conditions
CPT codes, descriptions, and material only are copyright 2020 American Medical Association (AMA). All Rights Reserved. No fee schedules, basic units, relative values or related listings are included in CPT. AMA does not directly or indirectly practice medicine or dispense medical services. AMA assumes no liability for data contained or not contained here in. CPT is a trademark of the American Medical Association.
The responsibility for the content of any ‘National Correct Coding Policy’ included in this product is with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, formerly known as Health Care Financing Administration, and no endorsement by the AMA is intended or should be implied. The AMA disclaims responsibility for any consequences or liability attributable to or related to any use, nonuse or interpretation of information contained in this product.
This product includes CPT which is commercial technical data and/or computer data bases and/or commercial computer software and/or commercial computer software documentation, as applicable which were developed exclusively at private expense by the American Medical Association, 515 North State Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60610. U.S. Government rights to use, modify, reproduce, release, perform, display, or disclose these technical data and/or computer data bases and/or commercial computer software and/or commercial computer software documentation are subject to the limited rights restrictions of DFARS 252.227-7015(b)(2)(June 1995) and/or subject to the restrictions of DFARS 227.7202-1(a) (June 1995) and DFARS 227.7202-3(a) (June 1995), as applicable for U.S. Department of Defense procurements and the limited rights restrictions of FAR 52.227-14 (June 1987) and/or subject to the restricted rights provisions of FAR 52.227-14 (June 1987) and FAR 52.227-19 (June 1987), as applicable, and any applicable agency FAR Supplements, for non-Department of Defense Federal procurements.
Applicable FARS/DFARS Restrictions Apply to Government Use.