Southampton Hospital is a 125-bed community hospital located in the East End of Long Island in New York. The hospital offers a full range of outpatient and inpatient services, is an affiliate of Stony Brook Medicine, and has been awarded numerous national awards for exceptional care and patient safety.
Southampton’s revenue cycle had not been a primary focus for many years. Hospital leadership knew of multiple issues, but didn’t know where they should start. In addition, the hospital’s chargemaster coordinator was retiring and the hospital’s seasonal location meant recruitment of her replacement would be difficult.
Solution and Services
- Craneware Success Manager and CDM Outsourcing
- Chargemaster Toolkit®, Online Reference Toolkit®, InSight Denials®
- Over two years, a 5% and then 9% increase in cash collected and $9 million in additional net revenue
- Established revenue cycle team and two positions filled with Craneware consultants – Acting Revenue Cycle Director and CDM Coordinator
- Saved $10,000 in coding reference book purchases each year by switching to Online Reference Toolkit
Chris Schultheis, CFO