Chargemaster Corporate Standardization Services
Today, as our health systems juggle disparate patient accounting systems, EHR conversions, system upgrades, and new site acquisitions with the ever present need to optimize charges, the demand for chargemaster standardization is growing.
Creating a standard CDM goes beyond standardizing data elements to include identifying best practice CDM guiding principles and charge capture methodologies that are successfully operationalized in your service areas.
The benefits of standardization includes:
- Consistent coding and descriptions for billing
- Improved charge capture through standard charge methodologies
- Ability to perform longitudinal pricing and utilization reviews and comparisons
- Improved efficiency in CDM maintenance through streamlined updates
- Improved charge compliance through consistently applied guiding principles
- Enhanced CDM stakeholder engagement through education during the standardization process and better CDM visibility through consistent data elements
Chargemaster standardization is a daunting task that requires dedicated resources with a deep understanding of CDM build, charge capture and clinical workflows. Proper planning and resource assignment can facilitate a process that not only creates a compliant standard CDM, but improves overall revenue recognition and collaboration for all revenue integrity stakeholders.
Experienced with large to small healthcare systems, Craneware’s Professional Services consultants provide the clinical, revenue cycle, and project management expertise to help you execute a standard CDM. The Professional Services team can define the most favorable process for your organization and implement technology for long term sustainability of the standard CDM. These services may be engaged in a full project-management capacity or as a rapid-cycle standardization process. Either way, the goal is the same – helping you optimize reimbursement, reduce compliance risks, and improve staff efficiency.